April 4, 2024

Rafa Nadal stopped updating his followers on social media with updates regarding his workouts and fitness development. Although Rafa ought to take part in the Monte Carlo Rolex Masters, new speculations circulating in Italy and Spain suggest that Nadal may also miss the ATP Masters 1000 in the same location.

 

The Spanish champion reportedly has an abdominal condition that prevents him from training as he wants.

 

Since March 23, Nadal has no longer updated his fans with videos, images on stories and this is creating trepidation in all tennis fanatics, who are expecting to finally see Rafa back on the court.

 

A few hours after the draw, Nadal’s appearance at the Monte Carlo Country Club seemed far from inevitable.

 

The Spaniard received a wild card from the tournament organizers, but the Spanish media disclosed that Nadal still suffers from abdominal and back ailments, which would impede the 22-time Slam champion from moving laterally and having difficulty serving.

 

At the moment Nadal is supposedly training in his Academy in Manacor, to try to recover, but the sensations are far from favorable.

 

Rafael Nadal

 

Nadal himself had cautioned a few weeks ago “The first goal is to try to compete. I examine my conditions day by day. Unfortunately, however, it has been impossible for me to forecast what will happen. I’m concentrating on attempting to start the clay court season, which is my primary goal and why I’m working hard. But I can’t guarantee anything. I’ve never stopped training, I’m trying all the time.

 

I feel okay, but so far I haven’t been able to stick to the routine I would have liked. I hope the situation can change, but I can’t state anything with certainty. I don’t want to be either optimistic or negative. I have to think day by day. I didn’t want to go into Indian Wells without any guarantee or capacity to compete at the level I demand of myself. I wasn’t ready to play a tournament like it.”

 

In the statements collected by the EFE news agency on the occasion of an event hosted at the lui Foundation in Mallorca, Nadal indicated that he is working hard but that he cannot yet guarantee anything to his supporters.

 

Rafael Nadal

 

Rafa had in fact boosted his training after electing to forgo the ATP Masters 1000 in Indian Wells and the ATP Masters 1000 in Miami. The ambition of the Spanish champion was to fight without problems throughout the season on clay, but only his body would supply him with the answers he needs.

 

Nadal would prefer to return to the court at Monte Carlo, a tournament that he has won eleven times in his career, to rediscover that basic level of continuity necessary for any athlete, but, as we have just said, his presence is in doubt.

 

The former ATP No.7 Emilio Sanchez Vicario, just a few days ago, voiced his opinion that Rafael Nadal will be 100% at his best at the Roland Garros and the Olympics, in an interview with EFE.

 

“I don’t think he will leave us. I think he will play well. I guess he is a little apprehensive since the operation upsets him. But if he starts competing on clay he will no longer be terrified because he will start competing and he will get back into form.

 

I believe that at Roland Garros and the Olympic Games he will be at 100%. As long as he doesn’t have other physical difficulties. For me it’s more of a war with oneself.

 

Because when he moved to Australia he played well. But he played a match in which he felt a little terrible and was really nervous. But on earth he will do considerably less harm,” he told.

 

 

After his debut in the spectacular exhibition match staged in Las Vegas on March 3 against Carlos Alcaraz, Nadal seemed set to take to the court in the United States. However, the Majorcan champion declared with much grief on his social media that he was obliged to give up the American swing.

 

“It is with tremendous sadness that I have to withdraw from this magnificent Indian Wells tournament. Everyone knows how much I love this place and how much I love playing here. This is also one of the reasons why I arrived to the desert extremely early to train and attempt to prepare.

 

However, despite working hard and having a test last weekend I don’t feel ready to play at my greatest level in such an important tournament. This isn’t an easy decision, but I can’t lie to myself and thousands of fans. I will miss you very much and I am sure that the competition will still be a wonderful success,” he told.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *